- 8 water buffalo wandering without a guide (presumably on the way to pasture)
- 2 camels with riders heading into town (probably to give rides at a wedding)
- a flower cart (was definitely going below the speed limit)
- bridge that's been under construction for 9 years (!)
- our post office - colonial building with delightful staff and periodic electricity
- several dhabas (essentially truck stops; these are restaurants with outdoor seating, huge portions, and great prices)
- lots of garbage dumped along the road - including coconut shells which, when it rains, will float onto the road and make it exciting for two-wheelers!
- fruit stands
- Army base with a basketball court
- and much more.
Some commutes, like anywhere in the world, are frustrating when there's bad traffic. But today was pleasant. Sunny skies and temps in the 70s F. Freedom on the motorcycle to weave in and out of traffic. Lots of things for the eye to behold!
(originally posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 as "What I passed on the National Highway" at http://spottsfamily.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-i-passed-on-national-highway.html)